My VAG Series 12 Score on Sunday & My Developing Preference for Smaller Toys


I should have seen it coming … since the on-set of Bootlego / Bootleg Mini Lego Mini Figures in my toy-collecting consciousness (*cough-mybootlego-cough*), I’d realised I’d been slowly veered towards the particular size of toys and collectibles - something I’d not actually expect the direction I would be heading to. That particular size prevails over my desire for gachapon-sized figures too, and truthfully had not been on my toy-radar since my start down the “urban vinyl”-craze with Michael Lau and Eric So early-2000s (Although I have to admit, my roving-eyes have since been “trained” in my pre-Millennium day of collecting 1/6th) … and fast forward to TODAY, after close to 2 decades of toy-collecting, I’ve “downsized” my collecting habits (somewhat), with VAG on my mind these days!


And by that, I mean “Vinyl Artist Gacha” from Medicom Toy! Featuring original sculpts based on the artists’ involvement in that particular series, or a variation of his/her “featured” collectible synonymous to his/her creative toy-signature, VAG has turned the evolution of “platform toy” inward and expanding the appeal of gacha-collectibles - compared to “BE@RBRICKS” or Dunnys (from Kidrobot).



This is as “important” to me (personally), as it has also allowed me the opportunity to currently collect designs from the Japanese artists I admire, in lieu of their “regular sized” toy-creations!

Be it the lack of opportunity, or spending ability, I am grateful I am able to procure T9G’s RANGEAS (unable to afford this beauty, so I do not even bother to attempt top track it down) … alas missing out on Hinatique’s MORRIS (also from the same series) as they were Sold Out from my plastic-crack-dealer … EERRMMM I mean “Art Toy Enabler” Ozzo Collections!

Simple Equation: Cannot afford the “regular” sized collectibles? But able to afford the VAG equivalent :)

Meanwhile, these are the VAG Series 12-goodies scored over the weekend, which I can add to my post-STGCC bounty, which included Koraters’ “Devilman” / GO NAGAI 50th ANNIVERSARY Byrons!

Cheers
Andy


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK